Established Methods For Safe Weight Loss
There are many ways to lose weight, some good and some not so good. You will read here about some of the better ways for safe weight loss.
– It’s important for everyone with a weight problem to realize that since the weight didn’t all come on overnight, it’s best not to try to take it all off too quickly.
Therefore, it’s imperative for you to have a plan of losing just a few pounds per week. realize that you are on a life changing mission and not some kind of diet or routine for just a few weeks or months.
When establishing the amount of weight you want to lose, and the timeframe you wish to do it in, set achievable, realistic goals. If its 30 pounds in 3 months, for example, determine how much per week you need to get rid of (2-3 lbs.). If its 50-100 pounds or more, than the time frame has to be increased.
This will make the goal seem much simpler to reach, and will also enable you to see that since it’s not that much weight per week, you can do it in a healthy, normal manner.
– Skipping meals is not the way to go. You may feel satisfied at first, as if you’re losing weight this way, but that method actually has an adverse and opposite effect on your body. Instead of getting rid of fat, it eliminates muscle and stores the fat!
So, plan on 3 main (but not big) meals per day, with 3 healthy snacks between. This eating routine tends to eliminate overeating and boosts the body’s metabolism. This causes you to burn more calories faster.
– Breakfast is the most vital meal of the day. It jump starts your metabolism, and giving your body food at this time is giving it vigor when it most needs it. What you eat after you first wake up it will be used to consume fat all day.
– Drinking lots of water is critical to your body. Water acts as a diuretic, eliminating water weight from your system and constantly flushing out impurities.
In addition, it helps to give you a “full” feeling and helps to keep your cells healthy and hydrated. Eliminate the sodas and fruit drinks and drink 10-12 glasses of water per day.
– Make sure to take in plenty of vegetables and fruits with your meals. Many of them also act as diuretics. For your carbohydrate fix, include grainy breads, rice or pasta. It’s best if you only eat carbs for lunch or breakfast, as that’s when your body needs the energy from them. After that, they turn to fat.
– Of course, we would be remiss if we didn’t mention exercise. Walk as much as you can. You’ve most likely heard something about taking 10,000 steps per day. This seems to be the amount of walking steps that can have a tremendous effect on weight loss.
There you have it- some very simple and safe weight loss tips. Tomorrow never comes, so begin making your plans to start today, and if you can work on this with a partner, you can encourage each other along the way.
Source by Gerda Peter