Self Acupressure for Lower Back Pain and Sciatica
Acupressure is an ancient Chinese medicine derived from acupuncture. Instead of using needles to stimulate certain points it utilizes the pressure of the fingers, elbows, or various devices in order to stimulate different points along the meridians to release blocked energy. When the energy flows properly our health in general is improved and we can get relief from physical aches and pains as well as psychological disturbances. We can also do self acupressure in order to help various pathologies when we don’t have time to get to a professional or when we need treatment on the spot. Below you will find a suggested treatment that can ease lower back pain and help treat sciatica.
Before you start:
It is important to find a quiet place where you will not be interrupted for about 20 minutes.
1. At waist level, place the knuckles of both hands in your back and hold a pressure here for about 1 minute. This maneuver can be done sitting on a chair or by lying down on the ground.
2. Wrap your hands around your waist placing your thumbs in your back at about 4 finger lengths away from the spine. Once you have found this spot, apply pressure for about 1 minute.
3. Take 2 fingers and place them horizontally beneath the naval. Below these 2 fingers directly under the navel you will find your next spot. Press into this area while talking deep breaths. Work it for about 1 minute.
4. Place your knuckles half way between the base of the buttocks and the top of the hip bone about 4 fingers lengths away from the spine. Move your fingers to work the area for about 2 minutes.
5. Finish by pulling your knees in towards your chest. Hold this position for about 1 minute.
Taking time to do self acupressure can be important tool in helping you get some relief from your lower back pain and sciatica. I hope this will be helpful.
This article is for information purposes only and not intended to replace medical treatment. Those who are pregnant or that have health problems should check with their doctors or a trained professional before treating themselves.https://www.healtharticlesworld.com/diseases/back-pain/self-acupressure-for-lower-back-pain-and-sciatica/https://media.healtharticlesworld.com/2016/10/self-acupressure-for-lower-back-pain-and-sciatica.jpghttps://media.healtharticlesworld.com/2016/10/self-acupressure-for-lower-back-pain-and-sciatica-150x150.jpgBack painAcupressure is an ancient Chinese medicine derived from acupuncture. Instead of using needles to stimulate certain points it utilizes the pressure of the fingers, elbows, or various devices in order to stimulate different points along the meridians to release blocked energy. When the energy flows properly our health in...Doc email@example.comAdministratorHealth Articles World