Hip Joint Pain Relief Treatment, Causes and Symptoms
Hip joints form the most vital ball and socket joint of our body that supports the torso and provides the maximum mobility of our body. Hip joints are involved for each and every movement of the body that involves change in position. Any disturbance or dislocation of this ball and socket joint can result in painful situations. Hip pain may be felt within and any area around the hip joint. Though a common feature of aging, youngsters too experience this problem due to a variety of reasons.
1. Extreme discomfort in sitting, standing and other movements.
2. The pain may not be localized in hips but may be felt in the groin and thighs.
3. Any pain in the back can also pass to the hips.
1. Most of the hip joint pains result from fracture due to sudden falling down.
2. People suffering from osteoporosis are prone to fractures and dislocation of hip joints.
3. Arthritis can cause hip pains that can be felt in thighs and groin area.
4. Bursitis that cause pain in the hips while getting up from chair, walking etc.
5. Muscular sprain or strain
6. Osteonecrosis in the hips
8. Nervous irritation
9. Sciatica or low back pain.
Relief from Hip joint pains
Some do’s and don’ts in case of Hip joint pains –
1. Sitting slightly leaning backwards.
2. Equal distribution of body weight on the legs while standing.
3. Weight should be lifted and carried closer to the body.
4. Body weight should be controlled.
1. Minimize high impact activities like sports, running and jumping.
2. Avoid activities that require wide spreading of the legs.
3. Restrict repeated bending of the hips.
4. Never sleep exerting pressure on the affected hips. It is advisable to sleep lying on the back or on stomach.
5. Avoid too much stair climbing that produces lots of frictions on the hip joints. 6. Prolonged sitting can worsen hip joint pains.
Treatments and Remedies
1. Various analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like acetaminophen and ibuprofen are prescribed to provide relief from hip joint pains.
2. Hip replacement surgery is also performed especially in case of osteonecrosis and acute arthritis.
3. Herbal extracts of Cat’s claw and Boswelia Serrata are very helpful in reducing the hip pain.
4. A massage of the Rumatone Gold herbal oils with Rumatone capsules gives good results.
Various stretching and muscle toning exercises are very beneficial in treating hip joint pains. But before starting the stretching exercises, a 15 minutes heat treatment is necessary that can be done through heated bath or shower. Heat helps in preparing the tissues of the hip muscles to be ready for the exercises.